Child Injury & Birth Injury Lawyers Who Are Ready to Help
Injuries to children, including birth injuries, can be devastating and lead to long-term physical and emotional problems. If your child has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, the Team at Stanley Law can help recover compensation for their medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. It’s often the most difficult cases we see, whenever a child is seriously injured. We work hard to get you the MAXIMUM Award that you and your family deserve.
How Are Injuries To Children Different?
Children are more susceptible to injuries because they have less experience and impulse control than adults. For example, a child may see a dog and run up to pet it without any precaution, which can lead to being bitten or attacked. The effects of an injury can be particularly catastrophic or traumatic for a child and may require long-term medical and psychological treatment to help them cope with the trauma of the event. Often, an injury can also cause more physical damage than it would to an adult because of a child’s size or age. Don’t go it alone. Our Syracuse child injury attorneys know exactly what to do to build a solid claim and recover the compensation your child deserves.
Common Types Of Injuries To Children
Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys has represented many children who have suffered scarring, disfigurement, and head, brain, spinal cord, and other catastrophic injuries. Defective products such as toys, furniture, and small parts without proper warnings can seriously injure or kill a child. Children are also drawn to things they consider fun, like swimming pools and trampolines. When property owners don’t take proper measures to secure such items, they may be liable if the injury or death of a child happens.
Causes of injuries to children can include:
- School and bus accidents
- Animal bites and attacks
- Swimming pools
- BB guns
- Playground equipment
- Motor vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Ingestion of household products
- Birth injuries
- Playground equipment
- Sports accidents
- Child sex abuse
- Daycare neglect or abuse
- Birth Injuries
Liability For Injuries To Children
Adults must act with a reasonable standard of care, especially when it comes to children. If an adult fails to take reasonable safety precautions or intentionally harms a child, they may be liable for the child’s injury or death. Because you never know what’s just around the corner, determining liability for injuries to children can be complex. Our personal injury lawyer’s assess your case, advise you on the best course of action and work to build a solid case for compensation through investigation of the incident and effective application of tort law.
Depending on the specific situation, liable parties may include:
- Property owners
- Product manufacturers
- Pet owners
- School districts and officials
- Bus drivers
- Coaches and players
- Playground equipment manufacturers
- Health care professionals
Birth Injuries and Liability
Child injuries, especially those resulting from birth-related incidents, demand a unique approach and understanding of the legal landscape. At Stanley Law Offices, we recognize the sensitive nature of these cases and are dedicated to assisting families in navigating the complexities of birth injuries and establishing liability.
Common Birth Injuries and Defects:
- Brachial Plexus Injuries: Caused by trauma during delivery, resulting in damage to the nerves controlling the arms and hands.
- Cerebral Palsy: Often stemming from oxygen deprivation during childbirth, leading to impaired motor skills and muscle control.
- Facial Nerve Injuries: Birth trauma can cause damage to facial nerves, affecting facial expressions and functions.
- Fractures and Dislocations: Improper handling during delivery can result in bone fractures or dislocations in newborns.
- Intracranial Hemorrhage: Bleeding within the baby’s skull, often due to trauma during delivery, can lead to serious complications.
Immediate Steps for Families Following Birth Injuries
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Ensure the child receives prompt and appropriate medical care. Early intervention is crucial for addressing and documenting the extent of injuries.
- Consult Medical Professionals: Obtain a detailed assessment from medical professionals to understand the nature and potential causes of the birth injuries.
- Document the Birth Experience: Keep records of the labor and delivery process, including any complications, interventions, or signs of distress observed.
- Consult with an Experienced Attorney: Contact an attorney specializing in birth injury cases to evaluate the circumstances, determine liability, and guide the family through the legal process.
Establishing Liability in Birth Injury Cases
Liability in birth injury cases may rest with healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, or medical facilities. Negligence during prenatal care, labor, or delivery can lead to legal responsibility.
Stanley Law Offices: Advocates for Families in Birth Injury Cases
Our team at Stanley Law Offices understands the emotional and legal challenges families face in birth injury cases. We’re committed to holding responsible parties accountable and securing the necessary compensation to address the long-term consequences of birth injuries.
Making Sure Injured Children Get The Care They Need
As lawyers who have years of experience representing children in injury lawsuits, we understand how vital it is to ensure we recover the MAXIMUM Award to pay for the care of a child. After a serious injury, a child may need surgery, specialized health care, adaptive equipment, rehabilitation, psychological counseling, and ongoing care. It takes true grit to win a case, and you can rest assured we’ll leave no stone unturned. Our attorneys at Stanley Law Offices have more than 90 years of collective experience and work collaboratively with investigators and experts, using the Stanley SMART System, to reach the best possible outcome for your child injury claim.
We may be able to recover compensation for damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Loss of future wages due to disability
- Funeral expenses in cases of wrongful death
Call Your Child Injury Lawyers Today
No pain is greater than seeing you child hurt. Our legal team’s committed and ready to help. Call Stanley Law Offices today for a free and confidential consultation and case evaluation.