When Children Are Involved In Auto Accidents

When Children Are Involved In Auto Accidents


Being involved in a car accident is traumatic, especially when children are involved. Children in auto accidents can suffer serious injuries that affect them for the rest of their lives. Joe Knows how tough it can be to see your little one suffer after a car accident. That’s why The Team at Stanley Law is there for you every step of the way to help you recover maximum compensation and ensure your child gets the care they need.

After An Auto Accident

After any accident, it’s vital to seek medical attention immediately. Call 911 and accompany your child to the emergency room. Depending on the severity of their injuries, your child may be admitted to the hospital or sent home after being treated in the ER. Regardless, it’s important to call your child’s pediatrician and consult with them about your child’s car accident injuries and medical history.

Children often experience physical and emotional injuries differently than adults do. Your pediatrician can provide a baseline of your child’s physical, emotional, and behavioral condition before the accident and also evaluate their post-accident injuries and behavior. Depending on your child’s injuries and emotional condition, they may recommend that your child see a pediatric neurologist, orthopedist, psychologist, or other specialists. Regular visits to the pediatrician document your child’s progress and may provide valuable evidence that supports your personal injury claim.

Recovering Compensation For Children In Car Accidents

Although most states have strict statutes of limitations to ensure personal-injury claims are settled in a timely manner, there are exceptions that may apply when a child is injured. In some states, the deadline to file a claim for injury to a child can reach to their 20th birthday and beyond. Don’t go it alone  it’s critical to seek the counsel of a personal injury attorney who’s experienced in handling auto-accident claims involving children to ensure your child’s rights and interests are properly protected.

A parent or guardian of an injured child is considered a litigation friend and can make a personal injury claim on the child’s behalf. Although parents and guardians may be compensated for any medical expenses and other injury or accident-related expenses involving the child, in a personal injury case, courts provide protection for any compensation of damages obtained for a child.

It’s important to understand how the extent of a child’s injuries can affect the value of their claim. If your child has suffered a catastrophic injury, they may have permanent loss of physical or mental abilities and require long-term care. Their ability for future earning capacity should be a factor that’s considered in the claim as well. Finding a skilled attorney who understands how to accurately value your child’s claim and is a staunch advocate for your child is vital because you never know what’s just around the corner. Your child may be entitled to damages such as:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Ongoing care
  • Emotional distress
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment

No parent ever wants to think about losing their children in an auto accident, but if your child was killed by a negligent driver, an attorney can determine whether or not you have a valid wrongful death case. Although no amount of money can bring back your child, wrongful-death damages can provide financial compensation for emotional trauma and the loss of your relationship with your child.

Contact An Attorney If Your Child Is Injured In An Auto Accident

If your child been injured in a car accident, our team works to get you the MAXIMUM AWARD you deserve to ensure they get the care they need. Our dedicated Team at Stanley Law understands that it takes true grit to win a case. We’ll leave no stone unturned in our quest for justice for your child.

Don’t go it alone, phone to schedule a free initial consultation at Stanley Law Offices, contact us online or call (800) 608-3333 or (800) 372-3760. Our offices are conveniently located in Syracuse, Binghamton, Watertown, and Rochester, New York, and Montrose, Pennsylvania. Se habla español.