The Silent Killer
The temperatures are getting colder and people are turning their heaters on.
And a carbon monoxide is, is the silent killer. Recently there was a sad story here in Upstate New York. People were sleeping on their boat and I’m not sure what their source of heat was. Ultimately they both died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It was a very sad story. And, you know, carbon monoxide can be prevented.
Some simple steps for safety
We all should get our furnaces checks at the start of the season. Change your filters, have a carbon monoxide detector, at least maybe even a couple of, depending on how big your basement and house is – one on every level and smoke detector. And, you know, if you have natural gas or propane, a detector for one of those, and then you’re protected. Those are things that if you’re sleeping or you’re not paying attention, bad things can happen. I’ve had a handful of these types of cases over the years, each of them and very sad and it’s even more sad when we know they can be prevented.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
It’s not expensive to do – batteries, detectors, have your furnace tuned up, change the filter. Truthfully having somebody tune up the furnace probably saves you money and fuel over the season. With winter coming you also don’t want your furnace breaking down in the middle of the night. That’s worse than your car breaking down. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
If you have any questions or if you or a loved one has been seriously injured, don’t go it alone. Phone.
It’s simple… Just Call Joe. 1-800-608-3333. https://www.stanleyoffices.com.