“Insurance coverage: most people don’t have enough”

An aging couple working on finances. Aer bills laid in front of them. The woman is holding a calculator.

There are two types of insurance coverage you should make sure you have enough of: the first is property damage. Sometimes people don’t realize they don’t have the amount of insurance coverage they need. Cars can run from $2,500 to well over $100,000. You total a car and you do damage, and your property limit isn’t enough, someone’s going to come after you for the difference. So make sure you have sufficient coverage if you get involved in an accident that’s your fault.

The other type of coverage you want to be sure to have enough of is Under-insured motorist coverage. You should always have as much of this as you do liability coverage. By law now, on renewed policies you get it unless you opt out of it. Don’t opt out of it!

Getting involved in a property damage accident is not that far-fetched. If you only have $25,000 coverage for it, people can and will chase you and take a judgment against you. Those judgments can last 1-years and even 20 years in some circumstances. That’s just not a scenario you want to deal with. Get the proper coverage upfront – that’s what insurance is for. Because you never know what’s just around the corner, you need to know what to do next.

Joe Stanley of Stanley Law advocates for consumers’ rights and ensures those who deserve compensation for serious injury have a voice against the big, bully insurance companies.

Joe knows and often says in his radio and tv interviews, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Make sure you have the right insurance coverages because you never know what’s just around the corner. That’s what insurance is for. With offices in Syracuse, Watertown, Binghamton, Rochester, and Montrose, PA, you can reach Joe at Joe@StanleyLawOffices.com or at 1-800-608-3333.